Yes, I am going to see Titanic 3D. Probably this afternoon, if I get finished with all of this in time. And why not? It was one of the quintessential films of the 90's and easily one of the great movie experiences of my life. If it is not considered one of the finest films of all time I think that is just anti-blockbuster snobbery. It is far more than a love story, yet Kate and Leo's story is brilliantly handled, a pair of doomed lovers on a doomed ship who, with the audacity of youth, think they have the whole world ahead of them. It is far more than a disaster film, yet the actual sinking of the ship is utterly compelling and brilliantly filmed. It is far more than a film about class differences, yet they are clearly outlined in the stark realities of steerage and first class. It is a film that is far more than the sum of its parts, full of tiny moments and grand expansive ones. And every one of them seems to be critical in making it work.
Even that darned Celine Dion song is critical.
So, yes, tonight (probably) I'll be with Leo again, the King of the World. And I'll undoubtedly cry again as he slips beneath the waves. My fondness for that film is unsinkable.
Film: Today we watched more videos on sound and editing leading us to tomorrow, when we begin "Apocalypse Now."
E3H: More "Macbeth" today. Come in tomorrow about to explain the line "fair is foul and foul is fair." Also, the capstone outline is due by Wednesday.
E2CP: WW today. We are back in the classroom tomorrow.
WORD OF THE DAY*: CHICANERY
* Click word for information.
Now here is a bit of Easter-themed chicanery for you...
:-)
ACCEPTANCE...empathy...Integrity...ReSpOnSiBiLiTy...ACCOUNTABILITY
Monday, April 9, 2012
4/9 my heart will go on
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment