ACCEPTANCE...empathy...Integrity...ReSpOnSiBiLiTy...ACCOUNTABILITY

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

shorter days

OK,I admit it: I am not a fan of winter.

(I know: that's a total shock, right?  I hide it so well!)  The thing is that I really, truly loathe it.  And I grew up in New Hampshire, where there is much more snow than there is here, and moved here, where there is much more cold than I can stand.  What is wrong with me anyway?  It is ridiculous: I hate the cold and I hate getting up early, so logically I am a teacher in Chicago.  Oy!

Speaking of getting up early, you don't have to tomorrow!  I do, but that--as previously noted--is my curse.  You get a day to sleep in, which of course makes getting HW done all the more possible!

CW: Tomorrow is a work day.


E3H:

  1. Review the annotation ground rules.  
  2. Read the first tiny section of Portrait (through "Apologize, pull out your eyes").
  3. Online: go to the Early Childhood Memories board and post some reflections of your own earliest memories.  (How many of you can make the posts sound like Joyce?)
  4. If you cannot post online, email me what would be the post.  But try!
E2CP: We'll be talking about the Shepherdson/Grangerford feud tomorrow.  Maybe you could go back over that section?  Write down at least one question that you have about it.


And Taylor Swift is apparently always surprised:


Today's Missed Conferences: Molly, Briana, Windsor and Zach  Tomorrow's Conferences:  Ben, Courtney, Eddie, Kirstyn, Brandon, Lia, Carolyn, Matthew B (CW)


Note: If you have a conference tomorrow, remember that it is a LATE START DAY and come at the adjusted time!
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

 
Calendar