ACCEPTANCE...empathy...Integrity...ReSpOnSiBiLiTy...ACCOUNTABILITY

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WHAT kind of pandas?

So it's a hump day, our first for this school year, and we're more than half way through the week. Some good discussions in class today, through I needed to tease them out of a few you more than I hope will always be the case. We have to whack those words, people!


:-)

OK, OK, on to the important stuff...

E3H: good work today. Tonight I'd like to apply those word whacking skills to some metapoems that can be found through links from the E3H page. First, go here. Then go here. Then here. And here. And here. And finally here. We'll save the major metapoems for tomorrow night, but these ones will give us some room for discussions. No writing assignment tonight, but I make no promises about tomorrow. :-)

E2H: nice discussion today. Tonight, look at the other Thoreau and Emerson quotes. We talked about some precepts of Transcendentalism today (individuality, respect for nature, the notion of the oversoul); can you find any others within these quotations?

CW: Write about your own name with an attitude.

J: panda paratroopers
Music: Super Trooper--cast of Mamma Mia

kt


0 comments:

 
Calendar